- In order to remove an autofill email on Android, visit your Settings menu. Once there, click the account you want to delete. Tap Menu (three vertical lines). Next, scroll down and tap Remove Account.
How to delete autofill email addresses on Android
Google autofill is a feature available on Android devices and Chrome that helps users fill out online forms by autocompleting fields based on information stored in their Google accounts. For example, you can autofill your email address when asked to enter it during an app’s sign up process.
However, sometimes autofill collects emails addresses you no longer want saved for whatever reason (old ISP account, old work email etc.). Fortunately, there are several ways to delete autofill entries from Android:
1) Delete autofill entries using the settings menu
2) Delete autofill entries using Android’s keyboard settings menu
Go into Settings > Language & input > Current keyboard and choose Edit or Personal dictionary (for stock Android only). Then tap the autofill entry you want to delete. If there are multiple autofill entries, do a search for the one you want to delete after entering the keyboard settings menu by tapping Search . At this point you can either delete autofill entries individually or select more than one autofill entry at once. To move autofill entries up or down, press Long-press on an autocomplete suggestion , position your finger over the autofill entry you want to move, and then drag it to the desired location.
3) Delete autofill entries using a root file manager
Some Android devices can be rooted , which gives users access to files that might otherwise be inaccessible due to Android’s security measures. In this case, autofill entries can be deleted using a root file manager such as ES File Explorer or Root Browser. For instructions on deleting autofill entries via these apps, you’ll have to look up how to do it manually in your specific file manager app.
To remove emails from an autocomplete list, press Enter. Autocomplete will show the desired email recipients and you can click X at the end of the entry to delete it.
Remove all autocomplete entries in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and 2010
To clear the autocomplete list of all entries, go to File>Options>Mail. In the Send messages section select Empty Auto-Complete List. A confirmation dialog box will appear; select Yes to remove all autocomplete entries in Outlook.
Start typing either your contact’s name or email address in the Search bar at the top. Click the contact record.
Now, when you compose an email message and start typing in the To: field, your changes should be reflected.
The default Outlook folder is hidden, so the easiest way to access it is using Windows Search (or browsing C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook). Find your Auto-Complete List (. nk2) file.
Clearly label unwanted contact information in your email clients to avoid the risk of unintentional replies from them. Locate the contact in your address book and delete it to remove unwanted contacts from populating when you write a new email.
1. In Outlook, select File > Options.
2. Select the Mail tab.
3. Scroll roughly halfway down until you see Send messages and click the checkbox to turn it on. …If Auto-Complete is turned off already, clear out previous entries with one of these two methods: Click Clear Auto-Complete List or press Ctrl + Shift + A. …The confirmation window will ask if you want to clear out entries; click Yes to continue….