- Select Backup from the first screen.
- Select Full Backup from the second page.
- Choose a destination for the backup files (you have three choices).
- Make sure to include an email address here.
- Click Generate Backup to download a copy of the backup file to your computer.
- Under Backups Available for Download.
- Click the filename to obtain a copy of the backup file on your PC.
How to Backup cpanel and Restore cpanel Backup to New Server
Obtain a backup archive or a cpmove file of the old account to recover your cPanel account. In either case, create the backup archive in cPanel’s Backup interface (cPanel >> Home >> Files). Important: Make sure you don’t set up the cPanel account you wish to restore.
Login to your cPanel account. Under the files area, select the backup Wizard Icon. Select “Restore” to begin the restoration process. On the choose restore type page, click on the “Home Directory” button.
Click the Backups icon in the Files section. Click on the Download a Full Account Backup option under Complete Backup. Click on the link for the backup file you wish to download under Backups Available for Download.
You may download your website’s files using File Manager in Site Tools or via FTP if your site has many files. If you’re backing up the main domain of your account, you’ll need to grab everything from the public_html directory, which is the document root folder of your account’s main domain.
Create an addon domain and login to the destination account cPanel control panel as described in this post. Create the required databases and then transfer old account database backups (MySQL dumps) as explained here. As mentioned in this article, create email addresses for the new addon domain.