To close your PayPal account:
1) Click on the Profile and Settings button.
2) Click on Account Settings at the top of the page.
3) At the top of Account Settings page, you will see a Close Account button next to “Account type.”
4) Click on Close account to delete your PayPal account.
1. Sign in to PayPal and go to the business home page.
2. Under “Your account”, select “Businesses”.
3. Click on your business name, then click “Edit” next to Information.
4. On the Company Details page that appears, make sure the address and phone number are correct, then click Continue or Proceed. This will take you to an updated Business Overview page with new options for managing your information, which we’ll explain below:
5. At the top left of any PayPal screen is a link called “Manage Your Email Preferences” (shown highlighted here in red). Click this icon to see options for adjusting how often you receive emails from PayPal.
6. At the center of every PayPal screen is a link called “Manage information about your account” (shown highlighted here in red). Click this icon to see options for managing personal and business settings for your account, including whether you wish to receive email updates about changes on our site or if you prefer not to continue receiving these emails. You can always turn them back on if needed.
7. At the bottom left of any PayPal screen is a link called “View recent activity” (shown highlighted here in red). Click this icon to see recent transactions made in your name through PayPal, what payments are coming due, upgrades available through linked accounts like eBay, or savings opportunities we’ve identified for you. This page also includes buttons to spend your PayPal credit or redeem a voucher.
8. At the bottom right of every PayPal page there is an icon called “Help” (shown highlighted here in red). Click this icon to see ways you can contact us for assistance with your account and answers to frequently asked questions about our service.
9. If you want to close your PayPal business account, click on “PayPal Business Payments Overview” at the center of any page under “Your Account” on the left side of any screen. On the resulting page, scroll down to see links for managing your information and changing personal or business settings as well as options for closing your account (shown highlighted here in red). You only have to click one of these links to close your business account.
10. Once you are ready, click “Close Account” under “My Business Information”. This will take you to a page with instructions for exiting your PayPal business account (shown highlighted here in red).
11. After following the steps on this page to exit your PayPal business account, we recommend going back into your profile and manually removing any saved payment information from the “Payment Methods Saved for You” section at the bottom right of every screen (shown highlighted here in red) and any of our related applications or services that link to your PayPal business account like eBay or Squidoo lenses. If there is sensitive information associated with the closed company, we recommend that you notify the authorities to let them know — or consult your attorney for any necessary notification. You can do this via the Help button at the bottom right of any screen.
12. Click “Close Account”, wait until a message confirms your account has been closed, and then click on “Logout” at the top right of every PayPal page to log out of PayPal .
Click on the Profile and Settings button. Click Account settings. In the top section of the Account Settings page, you will see a Close account link next to your current PayPal account type. To delete your PayPal account, click on Close account.
If you close your PayPal account, you cannot reopen it without first starting a new one.
Closing your PayPal account is an involved process.
Click the profile link, and navigate to “Settings” from the menu on left side of screen.
In “My Settings”, scroll down to “Close Account”.
Select a reason for closing account from options in this window.
Click close button at bottom right-hand corner of window when done with selections.